NAPOWRIMO – Day 5 [Twenty Little Poetry Projects]



…she will be the sunflower

a new born girl, in the centre of
my brain conceived without a man,
yet the touch of affection filled my
heart, a feeling like movements of
a hundred colossal pendulums

the frozen silence in my thinking
cerebellum forced me to take a
walk through my limbic system,
and it took me to a day when Aditi
and I were strolling around the
ancient walls of Angkor Wat

we were laughing, and I said, I love
sunflowers sister, they are so alive!

I am nothing like her, she is science
and I am humanities. In a serious tone
she asked, what do you mean alive?

The images of silent sunflowers stood
in my mind and I wondered what to say:

Sunflowers maintain homeostasis or
that they pass traits onto the offspring,

at that moment my lips whispered to me
…she will never be your sunflower!

I said aloud, sister I take back my idea
of having a granddaughter named
Sunflower…

she looked away and observed those
thousands of years old engraved
Ramayana. I tried once more to convince
her, look I may not give birth but your
future son will have a daughter and she
will be my granddaughter, Sunflower!

She nodded. I heard her whispering,
no tiene sentido

did she mean Bye Felicia? Because it
would be her granddaughter and I will
have a grandson?

The excitable amygdala of love was
playing tricks with my virgin thoughts...
like two young swans we were walking
and looking at the walls of the falling
heritage

then we glided through the age-old
stones crumbling under our modern
feet

as we reached an inner chamber, we
danced like the fleeting dreams.

Dimpi wanted to stop dancing since
her heart was screaming loud,

- nothing will ever change for you,
unless you know when to start –

she halted, looked around and saw
the fixed nebula bidding goodbye

I must leave at once to reach all lands
beyond the horizontal line…

পাবে তাহারে খুঁজিছো যাহারে,
অন্তরের
গভীরে

-saying this the Selfie-Stick jumpedfrom Aditi’s hands and stood in front
of us

it was time…

to end the tour,
to take some snapshots for the morrow
since the night will end in dreams
since my sunflower will grow and breathe


Anindita Bose
[no tiene sentido – it doesn’t make sense, Spanish]
[পাবে তাহারে খুঁজিছো যাহারে, অন্তরের গভীরে – you will get him/her, whom you are searching within your heart, Bengali]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You & Me...

Only if I knew...