NAPOWRIMO – Day 3 [similar-sounding or rhyming words]




“I cannot live without you”

a girl's voice caught my
attention while I was crossing
a busy road

I could have left, but I was
cleaning my sole which had
stepped on a dead toad!


Her voice was loud and clear,
it pierced through the ears of
passers-by

hundreds of other middle-class
hearts fluttered nearby…

those word-waves were circling
around an old broken theatre

throwing away the corpse, I
ordered tea with the artificial
sweetener!


The boy held her hands in
gestures of embarrassment

“…but I cannot live without you
I wish to see your face each
morning,” she said.


She pleaded, she cried
she scolded, she wanted to die!


He looked passed her towards
the open road running to and
fro

and the evening slowly engulfed
the momentary show!

Quite disappointed, I finished my
tea and left
it was time to retrospect in depth!

For a daily wage earner what can
be more fun? Since for us neither
is the moon bright nor is the sun!


Anindita Bose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You & Me...

Only if I knew...